Dear Patients and the Rockingham Community
Over the last few days Australia has implemented a nationwide lockdown in many/most industries. The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has now advised ALL dental practices to immediately restrict dental procedures.
All non-emergency appointments will have to be put on hold with immediate effect until we get further updates.
We are restricted to only see patients for emergency/urgent dental treatments (e.g. Toothaches, management of trauma, drainage of swelling from infections and a few other services)
We have extended our opening hours during the week, and are contactable through our website.
Our priority for our community is to ensure people with dental concerns are seen at our practice rather than requiring an additional bed being taken at any of our hospitals with the hope to keep these spaces free for those who need it. Please contact us if you are experiencing any dental emergency.
Patient Criteria/Triage for Emergency
To determine if we can see a patient in clinic for emergency, a telephone triage will be conducted prior to any appointment.
We are unable to see patients who:
- Have confirmed COVID-19
- Are at risk of having COVID-19
- Have been unwell in the past 1 month (e.g. presentation of cough, fever, sore throat, loss of taste/smell)
- Just returned from overseas/interstate in the past 1 month
- Is serving a self-isolation period
- Has been in contact with an infected person.
The clinic will continue to observe and practice the highest standard of infection control in accordance with the prevention standards as what we have been doing. In the interests of patient and staff:
- Patients will be asked to check their temperature prior to attending their appointment where possible. If the temperature is above 37.5 degrees we would kindly ask you call the clinic and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Patients will be required to sanitize their hands before coming into the practice and their temperature will be measured and recorded
- There will be minimal patient interaction. We will aim to utilise extra surgeries so that patients will not be in contact in our waiting room.
- Patients will be asked to do a 30 second rinse/gargle with a certain mouthwash.
- Contactless payment is preferred.
Alternative Emergency Dental Treatment
- Should a confirmed infected person require emergency dental treatment, he/she will be triaged and if necessary, treated by the hospital dentist or maxillofacial surgeon.
- If one is currently servicing self-isolation or suspected of infection and require emergency dental treatment, we will be directing the patient to contact the Australian Government Coronavirus Health Information Line (1800 020 080) or visit the Department of Health website for advice.